Aspiring for a prosperous future of Korea through the efforts of the National Assembly of Korea and KAISTIt is time for Korea to shift away from methods of imitation of developed countries and rather shift to a paradigm of future leadership based on advanced industrial technologies and knowledge convergence. For this to occur, we need to discover more than 20 years of long-term strategies and large-scale policy tasks and study future strategy and nurture human resources to overcome future uncertainties. We believe the National Assembly is the where the future of Korea is made. It is place the future is created through the development laws and budgets. On the other hand, KAIST is a place where the future of Korea can be pioneered through science and technology. The National Assembly and KAIST, both future creators, joining hands to open the ‘National’ Assembly’s Advanced National Future Strategy Course’ is a significant milestone. We hope future lawmakers will help in shaping and creating the future of Korea.
Aspiring for a prosperous future of Korea through the efforts of the National Assembly of Korea and KAIST I hope that the efforts of the National Assembly and KAIST for the future of Korea will bear fruit.
As the national future strategy program of the National Assembly leaders was opened on February 26th, the first coronavirus vaccination was also carried out. As safe and stable vaccinations are given out, I hope we can overcome the crisis, caused by the coronavirus and get back to our regular daily lives.
The end of COVID-19 is not an ending but rather the beginning of a new era. After COVID-19, our lives, culture, technology, and industry have changed completely and the importance of the legislative policy capabilities of the National Assembly is growing more so to prepare for the post-Corona era.
In response, the Secretariat of the National Assembly along with KAIST organized the 7th National Future Strategy course on AI, which will lead the post-Corona era and provide opportunities to predict generational changes and provide legislative and policy implications.
I hope this program will be a valuable opportunity to overcome COVID-19 and promote the sustainable development of Korea.
We ask for your interest and participation in the National Assembly’s Advanced National Future Strategy Program.
· Program Information
|Eligibility||National Assembly Members or National Assembly Officials who are Director-level or higher|
|Period of Classes||3. 25. 2021 ~ 4. 22. (5 lectures)|
|Lecture Time||Every Thursday 07:30~09:00|
|Program Objective||• Designing the AI revolution that will lead the nation’s economic growth and job creation after COVID-19 and perspectives of the role of science and technology in the Post AI era|
• Lectures conducted by experts in the field of National Future strategies to provide legislative and policy implications and prediction of generational changes
|Program Schedule||• Q&A sessions conducted after lectures by KAIST faculty|
• Online lectures through Youtube and access to replayable content for a duration of time
• Recorded broadcast through NATV
• If the student has attended more than three lectures, a certificate of completion is presented by the KAIST President
|Serial number||date||Lecture field||Teacher|
|1||3/25||The future of the bio industry in the AI era||Doheon Lee, Professor of Bio and Brain Engineering|
|2||4/1||AI-based infectious disease prediction and quarantine model||Ki-Jung Shin Professor, Graduate School of Artificial Intelligence|
|3||4/8||AI-based corona vaccine and treatment development||Professor Eui-cheol Shin Graduate School of Medical Science|
|4||4/15||AI-based optimal decision making method||Song Song Jeong, President of Graduate School of Artificial Intelligence|
|4||4/22||The future of AI, Post AI and Post Human||Dae-Sik Kim Professor of Electrical and Electronic Engineering / Director of Post-AI Research Center|
Professor Doheon Lee • Professor of Bio and Brain Engineering, KAIST
• Experience: President of the Korea Bioinformatics Association, member of the National Science and Technology Advisory Council, head of the Ministry of Science and ICT's Genetic Consent
• Main research fields: bioinformatics, medical informatics, neuroinformatics, data mining
Kijeong Shin • KAIST Graduate School of Artificial Intelligence Professor
• Experience: Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Adjunct Professor, Researcher Sairam Co., Ltd.
• Area of Interest: Data Mining, Graph Algorithm
Eui-cheol Shin • Professor at KAIST Graduate School of Medical Science
• Experience: Research Fellow, American Diabetes and Health Research Institute, President of Immunology and Cancer Research, Korean Immunology Association
• Main research area: Viruses and Immunology
Jeongsong • President of KAIST Graduate School of Artificial Intelligence
• Experience: Senior Researcher at AT&T Bell Research Institute, KAIST ICT Professor
• Interests: Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, 5G
Kim Dae-sik • Professor of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at KAIST/Director of Post-AI Research Center
• Experience: Shinsegae I&C-KAIST Research Center Center Director, 4th Industrial Revolution Frontier Leadership Program Non-degree Course Lead Professor, KOLON-KAIST LifeStyle Innovation Center Director
• Main research fields: deep learning, big data, brain science, machine learning, artificial intelligence